Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum Introduce sounds or alter the sounds of bank GM1,GM2 in vs1053 MP3 Player Shield Reply To: Introduce sounds or alter the sounds of bank GM1,GM2 in vs1053 MP3 Player Shield

The Vdsp can take either Real Time MIDI or MID file. The SFEMP3Shield driver does not support RealTime. There is another library that I have used that will do RealTime. I forget its name and have not integrated into this. Where I have played MID files. I recall that the Vdsp can only take one of the flavors of MID files. I needed to convert it. I forget that to, it was 18 months ago.

I am not a music person, so I have no MIDI experience, to know what needs to be done.

What is the Arduino Shield that you state is not polyphonic?

I would review VLSI’s forum to find out what you want to do. It may take some digging, but I suspect it has been asked and answered there. And if not they typically reply with helpful response after a few days. Just need to go back and occasionally check. Once you determine what is needed, then we can possibly help add that to this library.