Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum Using mp3 shiled library with vs1011e Reply To: Using mp3 shiled library with vs1011e

Look at VS1011 to VS1053 Migration Guide and think about it in reverse.

At a glance there are some changes. The hardware differences should be accommodate by the breakout board and your wiring to the Arduino. We should be able to accommodate the software changes to into the library, as configurable. Mostly the 1053 has features that are not available in the 1011. And Register Names and locations have changed.

The SFE example code is written in PIC. So it is some what helpful.

Are you up to the challenge? I don’t have the board. So I cannot debug or guess too much about the results. Or your possible interpretations.

I could rattle off a lot of things to check and address. Starting with …

The first challenge:

Can you hook up a SdCard and get the Sd.Begin to work. Then can it talk over the SPI. I think they are compatible. There may be some GPIO that need to be set accordingly.

First step is talking to the 1011 over the SPI. Need to determine if the VS1011 is GPIO defaulted to VS1002 compatibility. which would be a problem.

Then in the SFEMP3Shield.cpp vs_init() routine will try to change the clock. This will need to be changed to match the VS1011. And the patch files should be left off the SDcard for now.

I am currently working off of a pre-release branch which works fine.

This may hurt…