Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Arduino Due & EasyTransfer Library Again!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Sorry to bring this subject again but…

Until recently, I have been using the Easy Transfer (ET) library to move data between an Arduino Mega and an Arduino UNO over the I2C interface with no problems at all.

However, I am no trying to use an Arduino DUE in place of the Mega and this is causing a major headache. I was aware the DUE had I2C problems when it first came out a few years ago but hoped these had been resolved by now. Obviously not.

The DUE has been slotted in with a recompiled version of the Blink routine and using the same wiring so the only difference is the DUE. The DUE runs but fails to talk to the UNO. Test messages suggest the DUE software is running and transmitting the data but that the UNO is failing to receive it. This applies if I use either of the two I2C ports on the DUE.

The DUE will correctly talk to other devices (e.g. compasses and sonars) on the I2C interface, just not the UNO (nor an old Duemilanove which temporarily replaced the UNO to check there wasn’t a fault with the UNO) .

Googling the internet for this problem suggested two possibilities. One is that pull-up resistors may, or may not, be fitted to the one or both of the I2C ports. I have investigated this and found that I2C0 (the one which uses pins 20 and 21) had 1.8k resistors fitted, I2C1 (pins SCL and SDA) had no pull-up resistors. It is now fitted with 1.8k resistors but to no effect.

The second possibility was that the DUE required its own version of the WIRE.cpp file and indeed examining the suggested WIRE.cpp file suggested it was designed for the DUE only and had a number of differences to the normal Wire.cpp file. The problem is that these new .cpp and .h files are supposed to be installed in a folder called ‘sam’ under the Arduino hardware folder. I’m confused however. The latest versions of the Arduino IDE seem to have changed how they deal with their files and don’t have a sam folder at all. The library management function for the IDE version 1.6.5, however, claims the new Wire.cpp is already installed and that it’s for the DUE only. Since there is only ONE Wire.cpp and ONE Wire.h programme installed with version 1.6.5 of the IDE and this, it is claimed, is for the DUE only. If so, how can I compile sketches for the Mega, UNO and various other Arduino products with no problems?

Has anyone managed to persuade the DUE to converse with ‘conventional’ Arduino boards and, if so, how did you do it please?

Thanks for your time.

Freddie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.