Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Arduino Due & EasyTransfer Library !!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi billporter & everybody,

I just purchase an Arduino Due board but when I am trying to program an old sketch which contains “EasyTranfer” Library, I get a problem in AVR/IO.H. I know may be the problem is in the difference between ARM (Due) and AVR (other arduino). So, did anybody, succeed to find a solution for this issue.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ,

I found a solution and as I said that the problem was in the difference between ARM and AVR. Infact, we need to copy avr/io.h to sam library and everything should be okay đŸ˜‰

Bill

Hbecem,

Can you detail how you fixed it? I’ll add it to the code. I don’t have a DUE to test against.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill,

as you can see when you open the header (*.h) of easy transfer library you will find this line (#include <avr/io.h>) which mentions to the source code to check this file and use it ( if the “if” statement is verified). so to resolve this problem when using ARM processor, is to comment (//) the entire line in the header (*.h) file or to copy the “avr” folder under the arduino IDE 1.04 (version for AVR) directory ( arduino-1.0.4\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr) to arduino IDE 1.5 (version for ARM) directory (Arduino compile\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include)

and now i am trying to fix the same issue with PS2X library and to change the declaration of some functions in the header.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi@all,

can anyone confirm that this really works?

I tried to connect an Arduino Due to an Uno and it doesn’t work.

I don’t get compilation errors when I comment out #include <avr/io.h> in the EasyTransfer.h.

Arduino Uno to Arduino Nano works so my cabling seems to be okay:
    RX -> TX
    TX -> RX
    GND -> GND

Also i tried an logic level converter from adafruit because Uno is logic level at 5V and Due has only 3,3V. I used this one but it also doesn’t work: http://adafru.it/757

Special thanks for any confirmations or suggestions

Greetings
    Pac-Man

Bill

I’ve commented out the references to these header files as they should not be needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.