Home Forums PS2X PlayStation 2 Controller Library Support Forum "Controller mode not matched or no controller found"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey thanks for supporting your code! I’ve been reading the comments sections and I’m glad to see you’re still keeping an eye on things.

Obviously I’m having problems though.  SO far I am only able to get the error where the Arduino can’t find the controller: “Controller mode not matched or no controller found”

I have an Arduino Uno rev 3 and a Mega ADK R3.  My intent is to get your library going with the ADK, the uno only came out for comparisons.  I have tested both micro controllers with the default pins, and on the ADK, I started with pins 22 – 24.

I found an extension cable and am using it instead of hacking off an end of a controller.  Yes, I used a multimeter and didn’t pay any mind to the wire colors.  Good thing too, as the colors were crazy.  Right now the wires are twisted together with some electrical tape on them to prevent them from shorting out.  It’s twisted together really well and they pass a continuity check.  I will try soldering the connections but do not expect to see different results.

I am testing with Sony wired Dualshock 2’s and a Sony Grey wired controller (dualshock 1?).  I have 3 of the former and 1 of the latter.

I don’t have any resisters laying around, I’m thinking that’s the next thing to check.  I’m not clear on how to implement them though.  Do I use 1 resister and connect it to the DATA and COMMAND wires?  That seems kinda weird to me, but my EE skills are new and underdeveloped.

I saw mention that someone could not get this to work with an arduino MEGA, is there something about it or the code to prevent it from running?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Debug mode has been on for a while, this is what I get:

OUT:IN
    1:0 42:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0
    OUT:IN
    1:0 42:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0 0:0
    Controller mode not matched or no controller found
    Expected 0x41 or 0x73, got 0
    No controller found, check wiring, see readme.txt to enable debug. visit http://www.billporter.info for troubleshooting tips
    Unknown Controller type

Bill

Definitely need to try the resistors. They are connected like this:

One end of the resistors connects to the arduinopin with the data wire, the other connects to either 3.3V or 5V.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.