Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum How can I make a recording?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just purchased one of these and it has a mic jack.

Can someone share some information or code snippets to record?

As the original SFE shield does not have an audio input this library does not yet have this feature. However, Miguel Moreto’s fork https://github.com/miguelmoreto/Sparkfun-MP3-Player-Shield-Arduino-Library added a feature for recording OGG. Also you can use AdaFruit’s library which as a such. Until we integrate recording into this library’s root fork.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That just what I needed. Thanks.

Little bit of trouble getting it going, though.  I downloaded the bounce2 library, but it seems like it’s looking for a different version.

I’m very new to this so any help is appreciated.

Here’s the error:

RecorderDemo:40: error: no matching function for call to ‘Bounce::Bounce(int, int)’

I will need to look into updating the examples compatibility. I see that https://github.com/lp0/arduino/tree/master/libraries/Bounce appears to be the same as the one used. Try that one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No worries.  I saw that you had set up input via serial, so I just used that.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

I tried and tried to no avail.  I can get a pretty bad recording using the adafruit demo – it actually has a heartbeat sound to it.  I think I have the wrong mic with the wrong capacitor that may be causing oscillation.

I can play back with this library.  I can’t record. I see a comment in the library that calls for a .img to be uploaded so I copied that code from adafruit and I can get this library to open the recording, but then it goes nowhere.

Any help as to what I’m doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does Miguel’s fork work at all or is there a bug.

I can’t get it to work.

When do you think it will be integrated into this library’s fork?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.