Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Maximum Length with EasyTransfer

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Sir,

Please I am working on mini ROV project with a communication between two Arduino Mega Board.

For this communication I am using “Easy Tranfer” library.So, I would like to know about the maximum length which can

allow this library.

Thanks in advance

Bill

The library itself will handle 255 bytes. However, the Serial buffer is only 64 bytes. So if you want to use more than 64 bytes, you must check for new messages very fast, faster than the buffer can fill up at your baud rate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the answer Mr Bill. I am really want to know the maximum length of cable between the two arduino cards to ensure the good serial communication because as I know the serial communication don’t allows a long distance communication?

I am planning to use more than 100 meters between the surface and subsea arduino cards. So, the library “Easy Transfer” itself can allow this long distance or we need RS485 driver?

Anonymous
    Inactive

RE,
    Thanks for the answer Mr Bill. I am really want to know the maximum length of cable between the two arduino cards to ensure the good serial communication because as I know the serial communication don’t allows a long distance communication?
    I am planning to use more than 100 meters between the surface and subsea arduino cards. So, the library “Easy Transfer” itself can allow this long distance or we need RS485 driver?

Bill

100 meters is too long for simple serial. You would need to use differential signaling (like 485) over twisted pair.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill, thanks I already test it with and without max 485. my next step is to test full duplex with max 488 because i have some issues when using half duplex with max 485 🙁 is it your case also??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.