Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum Mp3 library without interrupts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I am using the mp3 shield library in a prototype and it works well – thanks for making it possible. I’m not using it with the actual mp3 shield, but with a custom-made board that features the vs1063 chip.

I was wondering if anyone could give some pointers for a specific application. I want to try to rewrite the library so it doesn’t need to work with interrupts anymore, because I have to use the interrupt for something else. Could the library for instance also work by polling the chip? The arduino does not have to do much else but drive the mp3-chip, so regular polling is not a problem.

Any idea if it is feasible to use the library without interrupts, and where I might start to change it? All pointers are helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Steven

change the

#define USE_MP3_REFILL_MEANS USE_MP3_INTx

to

#define USE_MP3_REFILL_MEANS USE_MP3_Polled

in SFEMP3ShieldConfig.h

as per the instructions

Did you get the VS1063 going?

I was interested in adding this to the library. Got a chip and just never replaced the one my Shield.

Not the most recent version I just posted on to My GitHub has improvement to the Interrupt handler.

Where you can not use the same INTx pin for the DREQ of the VS10xx chip and your other task. However you should be able to use another INTy without problem. I have successfully done so. Assuming the INTy service routine is not blocking for too long, before releasing the Interrupt mask.

Additionally, re-sampling the audio file to lower Bit rates significantly reduce the overhead or increasing the idle time. As stated in documentation Performance Section.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.