Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum mp3 Shield without IDE?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I’ve been using this site a lot to get my shield up and running and i just assumed that after completing my program, i would be able to run this thing without a PC connected. I read the requirements and it states you need the IDE.

Is this right 100% of the time? is there no way to run the mp3 shield without a PC connected to the Arduino?
    Seems rather limiting. :/

Thanks for all your help so far.

t

The IDE is only needed for developing firmware and uploading it to the Arduino.

Where the Demo does require a Serial Port interface to interact with the Arduino. The IDE’s built in Serial Monitor can do this. Or any other Serial Terminal Emulator. Such as HyperTerm or Putty, etc…

Where MP3ButtonPlayer2.ino does not require Serial interface, as IO pins trigger the player.

Anonymous
    Inactive

mmm, thanks for you reply.

I thought this was the case, i’m really not sure what is going on here. i have tried everything but it keeps getting stuck on me.

I have the exact some config and this is what i have being able to reproduce with the same code flashed to the arduino.

Plug into a usb power supply(apple 5w). – No good.

Plug into laptop without IDE on (MBP and Mac Air) – No good

Plug into Laptop with IDE on. – boots up, plays my tunes as requested by code and button switches.

Plug into a Raspberri pi with IDE installed and running, boots up and plays my tunes.

I’m really confused why this is happening. I can’t do any more testing now, my device is in an installation connected to a rPi to power it. Lost a lot of hair to this, perhaps it’s a power supply thing, at least that’s what i thought.

cheers,

t

not sure without seeing your code.

I have several examples posted on https://gist.github.com/mpflaga used by followers.

MP3random.ino at https://gist.github.com/mpflaga/5800889 has no serial defined. just randomly plays tracks. Perhaps you can try this, to verify things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.