Home Forums PS2X PlayStation 2 Controller Library Support Forum No controller found, check wiring

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear

I am now studying using the PS2 controller, however, I try a lot but I still fail to use it.
    Would u please give me some hints on it ?

1. I am quit sure I did not connect the wire in wrong order. Because I can light up the PS2 controller’s LED.
    2. I also test for different working PS2 controller and the connection of the pins.

The following is the link of the photo, and the error message is “No controller found, check wiring….”

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_5PNaGDXV41SnpScDdjVVRYejg/edit?usp=sharing

Many thx.

Patrick

Anonymous
    Inactive

For more information, I am using Arduino Duemilanove, IDE version 1.05

Thx

Bill

All the hints I can give are in the troubleshooting guide. Have you tried that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thx, finally I fix it…

I used to read the troubleshooting guide, but I did not expect I need to modify 2 things even I used the official PS2 controller.

I would like to share my results here.

I used official PS2 dual shock controller which come with PS2 model (SCHP-18000), I also have a compatible 2.4GHz wireless controller pad too.

I need to pull-up the “data” of the controller only with 5V, and need to change the Clock pin to other pin.

Both official and wireless controller need to do so, thx for your reply.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was exactly my setup and problem. The pull-up resistor got me working but now the serial monitor is showing all the buttons being pressed incrementally. I think my ps2 controller is bad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.