Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Not Receiving Data

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill, I tried the Easy Transfer with limited success.  I downloaded the transmit and received sketches on 2 arduino unos and then connected the tx port to the rx with a wire.  I can see the led 13 on the transmit blinking but nothing on the receive led.  Any suggestions to start trouble shooting?

Bill

Did you connect all three wires between both Arduinos?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill, half hour after emailing you, while staring down at the 2 arduinos, I remembered about the ground between the 2.  Duh!  Hooked it up and it works!  Thanks!

I looked thru your web site and am very impressed at all the stuff you have done and are doing.  In particular, it is great that you are so involved in STEM outreach to the schools in your area.  I am an EE (from Hawaii) also and I mentor several middle schools in VEX robotics competitions.  The kids really enjoy robotics and it is amazing how fast they pick it up.  Within 3 months, they are building competition robots out of metal, using a microcontroller with up to 10 motors and all kinds of sensors and doing autonomous programming in “C”.

On another note, I would like to thank you for creating the MP3 and IR libraries.  They are working great!  I am using them in my Arduino Xmas Tree project that I just finished recently and they saved me a bunch of time and made it a breeze.  Here’s a YouTube video of it. 

http://youtu.be/YSS91urEqEg

Merry Xmas and Thanks again for all you wonderful work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

One more thing.  I tried using the MEGA on the transmitting side using Serial and it works.  However, using Serial1, Serial2 and Serial3 do not.  Am i missing something?

Al

Bill

No, all ports should work. You sure you put the right serial port in the begin function?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.