Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Serial Communications with Easy Transfer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Thanks for the great library,

I am verly new to all this , and would like to request some help.

I am trying to send serial to my second arduino with the library but wanted to know the “most efficient way”
    I have a about 50 serial commands to send and am thinking to store them in a array. I would like to send the array accros with ET.

I have a command like this
    “uint8_t camera[9] = { 0x81, 0x01, 0x04, 0x47, 0x08, 0x0C, 0x04, 0x00, 0xFF };”
    creating the array but have not yet found a way to transmit this in ET. Could you assist me an give me the code. I have got his working over a Softserial line but ET would be better for me because I also need to send stick commands and ET Should take care of the serial part of the project?.

(I got a bid lost with Byte, Write, HEX, DEC and converting them to String)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Done some more testing and got the following, (So answering my own post.)

This is the declaration in the send data structure for EasyTransfer: (need to do this in the send and receive arduino and exactly the same “also the order you declare them need to be the same”)

struct SEND_DATA_STRUCTURE{
    uint8_t camera3[9];
    }

Then I assign the sample serial data to the Array.

uint8_t camera[9] = { 0x81, 0x01, 0x04, 0x47, 0x08, 0x0C, 0x04, 0x00, 0xFF };

With this I get the serial data across to the other Arduino. And use ‘mySerial.write’ to send it to my RS 232 device with an TTL to RS232 Circuit (max 232) .

I still have the question if this a “good” way to transmit my serial data, I have the feeling the data is being send by ET as a string and is using more Bytes then  needed. So perhaps I am better of writing my own code to transfer the data ?
    I will keep you posted in the meantime of my further developments.

Bill

I still have the question if this a “good” way to transmit my serial data,

‘Good’ like time is relative. Sending 9 bytes is easy-peasy compared to some of the things I’ve used ET for. I can’t pass more judgement without what the data you are sending represents or what it does. But as it is now, 9 bytes has an unremarkable impact on CPU time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.