Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Sharing Arduino data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello folks

I need a bit of gentle guidance here

I have an Arduino Uno rev3 looking at data coming in from an XBee Series 2 attached to a gas meter with another XBee.

It works reasonably well, but I need to work on the sketch at the same time as data is coming in and access the Arduino IDE.

Clearly I can’t do it with the Uno with it’s one serial port, which is being used by the XBee.

My idea was to to put the “running” sketch on a Mega 2560,connect the XBee to one serial port on the┬áMega and possibly send the XBee frames with the data on through one of the Mega’s other serial ports to the Uno…… As I write this, a snag is appearing – I still won’t be able to work on one version of the sketch. So, will I need 2 Megas?

If this is feasible, in general terms, how would I get the XBee data onto the second Mega?

Warning – I am a more of a hardware man on the wrong side of retirement. Even getting the libraries in the right place was the usual struggle with “doesn’t name a type” etc.

Thanks for any help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

maybe you could try an ISP:

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoISP

With this it’s possible to keep the serial connection on RX/TX connected while programming directly on the AtMega. When you like to flash a new sketch you do it over the ICSP Connection on the uno, not directly with the USB Port of the Uno. Havn’t tryed it but maybe it works

Good luck ,-)

Pac-Man

Bill

Phil,

Using a software serial port is about the only way to do what you want. Can the Xbee data be slowed down to sat 9600 baud?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.