Home Forums EasyTransfer Library Support Forum Sparkfun Pro micro not receiving

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a set-up with 2 arduinos communicating using easy transfer. Works great with uno’s and nano’s but when trying it with a Sparkfun Pro micro on the receiving end I get nothing. Had to change Serial to Serial1 to get it to compile but still no communication. Any ideas?

Bill

Does it work between an Uno/nano and a micro? Either way?

Bill

Does it work between an Uno/nano and a micro? Either way?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only have one way communication as I use a 1/4 inch stereo plug as a slipring between the two sending +12v, -12v, and signal from tx on arduino A to rx on arduino B have always used  unos or nanos for both but the newer light sets we are using for B have a built in socket for a smaller arduino and used to come with a arduino pro mini which worked fine but now come with the Sparkfun Pro micro (not the same as the arduino micro, I haven’t tried that one yet) which doesn’t. It uses the ATmega32U4 chip, maybe its not compatible?

Bill

It should be compatible, as it uses higher level functions of the Arduino IDE and isn’t hardware specific, except for the serial class thing. I may buy a SFE micro to test it….

Did you confirm it works without the library, just spending and receiving a single character?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the long absence… life, work.

So far I have only had the opportunity to play with one for about an hour at a meet up I went to but have had several people contact me with the same problem. I have one coming in next week so I’ll post my findings after I have some time with it.

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you or anyone been able to get the spark fun Pro Micro to communicate?

I wired up 2, both TX/RX and pins 2-2 and 3-3 for SDA &  SCL

Of course, I edited the script to use pin 10 for the LEDs, since the Pro Micro doesn’t have a pin 13

In both cases, the sending Micro flashes the random counts of the LED, but in neither case does the receiving Micro show any signs of communication.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.