Home Forums Sparkfun MP3 Shield Library Support Forum vs_plg_to_bin.pl script not accepting .plg files?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m trying to convert a .plg from one of the VLSI patch ZIPs to a binary just like the rest of the .053 plugins, but the perl script provided isn’t accepting any .plg I give to it. I’m a noob to Perl, but I installed “DWIM Perl” and I’m running the vs_plg_to_bin.pl script from the perl command line using the same argument syntax as in the provided batch file in the plugins folder provided with the SFEMP3 library:

vs_plg_to_bin.pl  c:\vs1053b-patches.plg  c:\output.053

It keeps reaching the “Need input file”. Which is the first line in the script that I don’t know how to interpret:

my $inF = $ARGV[0] or die “Need input file.\n”;

It seems simple enough, how could I be messing this up?

@ARGV is a system variable that is an array of the arguments passed in. It’s index is zero based. Hence $ARGV[0] is the first argument and [1] is the 2nd, etc…

for some reason your command line is not accepting the arguments. I use Active Perl for windows. It does not really sound like a problem with the script itself. but the local OS’s command line interface calling perl. Perhaps try “perl vs_plg_to_bin.pl patchefl.053” or put quotes around each argument. It may not be being parsed by the command line interpreter.

I was able to re-run them on the latest patches by VLSI and put some of them at https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/vs1053b-patches230

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the response Michael. Glad you’re still supporting these forums. Any chance you could process and upload the vs1063a-patches-190? I’m experimenting with this updated chip. Apparently the pinout is the exact same so it’s a drop-in replacement.

I’ll keep trying different syntax to get my environment to accept the arguments. Or I’ll just swap out for Active Perl.

<div class=”db-modal-title-text” style=”display: inline;”>vs1063a-patches-190 at</div>
    <h2 class=”db-modal-title” style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; padding: 20px 32px; font-size: 18px; box-sizing: content-box; font-weight: normal; min-height: 24px; flex-shrink: 0; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; color: #3d464d; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘lucida grande’, ‘Segoe UI’, arial, verdana, ‘lucida sans unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;”>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c43rp3jhkxd627c/AAB8iQ9J7puj8hgnSQin38tha?dl=0</h2&gt;

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Michael.

And you were right about the command line syntax for the DWIM Perl deployment. I needed quotes around the arguments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.