S.A.G.A.R. Update, Compass Woes

Posted in Projects by Bill
6 Feb 2010

I have been asked by a few people how SAGAR is going, so I guess I need to do some updates more often. Anyway, SAGAR was shelved for a while. The last tests of the closed loop heading controller showed I had something messing with the compass readings. Further tests concluded that my batteries were biasing my compass.

I ordered some parts for SAGAR, moved the compass out of the main body and up on some standoffs. I added a top deck to protect the compass. The upper deck will be used in the future to hold the ultrasonic rangefinders when I move to feature based navigation.

Pictures of the new design below.

Share

Leave a Reply